Friday, October 14, 2011

From Czechoslovakia with love

Yesterday I made some Finnish "pannukakku" (literal translation is pancake, but it differs drastically from what is internationally understood by the term) and today after taking an exam I bribed myself with greasy French onion soup topped by bread and gruyère cheese. Peeling and slicing the onions was very emotional...

A year or two ago I was introduced to Limonádový Joe aneb Koňská opera (Lemonade Joe), a 1964 Czechoslovak film. It was running at an old cinema that plays films from the Finnish National Audiovisual Archive and a friend of mine who has spent some time around Slovenia and eastern Europe wanted to go and see it. I agreed to go with her and did not regret it one bit. Even though half the subtitles were missing, the plot was easy to follow and the whole experience was very enjoyable.

I am clueless as to why the film came to my mind again, but I do know that it didn't take me long to find it from the internet. It was in youtube, complete with subtitles, but has been removed. Here's a bit of the action though:




No comments:

Post a Comment