Thursday, July 4, 2013

Against sleep

I'd heard "Get Lucky" from Daft Punk's latest album Random Access Memories on the radio a couple of times already, but on the way to and from Tuska a friend played a few other songs from the release. As a result, for the last days I have explored the album more thoroughly when I've needed something to listen to.

Today started with me making breakfast, brewing coffee and letting the brilliant sound-waves wake me up. I had the day off from work, so I got out to do some leisurely riding about. I ended up playing "Giorgio By Moroder" on repeat. After some time, I couldn't help but walk to the record store and buy the LP. I gave the whole record a go and since I've been listening to "Giorgio By Moroder" over and over again. I am absolutely stuck.


Those that know me know that I'm not a big fan of superlatives, but now I'm very close to saying that this is THE best track on the album and THE best track the band has ever made. Very, very close. Of course the album is full of other gems, such as the fitting final song, "Contact". For a long time that song will remind me of yesterday, when I went to check out a new apartment and more importantly, the people living there. Apparently all went well, and I should be moving there before autumn. I'm very excited, as my future roommates seemed relaxed and open and the place itself is terrific.

Now, "Giorgio By Moroder", just one more time before sleep... just one!


Seuraa blogiani Bloglovinin avulla

No comments:

Post a Comment