Thursday, May 17, 2012

From one thing to something else

So I was in a rush, typing an essay on innovation policy and public financing of private r&d innovation activities, listening to the Solar Field's newest album Until We Meet The Sky. It was more background music, I wasn't really paying it a lot of attention as I'd listened through the album before with more mind (plus, it's downtempo spaceambient whatnot...).  Then I noticed that the title track of the album started playing and my focus shifted from the essay to the music. I got a very Sigur Ros vibe from it and decided to check what they've been up to... Surprisingly (not), they'd just turned out a new album and of course I was forced to check some of it out. I'm not going to get into that now, maybe once I get my hands on the actual thing, but here's the Solar Fields' song and Sigur Ros' "Glosoli". Shockingly similar, yet so different.



Oh... and I really should get back to that essay... darns.


No comments:

Post a Comment