Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sleepless, yet awesome!

And only because I'm at work. I've somehow managed to fit quite a lot of social life into the past five days, while also doing over fifty hours of work. Still, I'm pretty worn out and two days off couldn't come at a better time.

I've actually hauled my ass into the cinema two times within the week. First I checked out the latest (last) Harry Potter feature, which turned out to be precisely what I expected. Same, unsurprising acting, tons of CGI and an unmemorable score. Yet it was a pretty decent ending for a series where the books are way better than the films and still way worse than what you'd expect from the money the author has made. I saw the 2D version, fortunately.

The second film was in 3D, but for the first time since Avatar it didn't bother me (Tron was close, but still failed). It was THOR! Corny, shiny, flashy, muscles, Norse mythology (quite accurately), beer, fire, ice, lightning, fists, swords, hammers, axes... It was entertaining, surprisingly well made and actually had a plot that you couldn't foresee and could even enjoy. And it looked and felt awesome, especially Asgard and the bridge leading to the Bifrost. Enough hype, just check it out.

This night's crawling along way too slowly... luckily I remembered an old computer game from my youth, or more specifically its soundtrack. Behold, the work of one Alexander Brandon:


PS. You might know him better from Deus Ex or the Unreals...

No comments:

Post a Comment