Monday, July 25, 2011

The sound of a beginning

I've had all sorts of blogs and on-line diaries over the years. I still write stuff in livejournal, but for the last half a year or so all new posts have been visible only for myself. I recently started Horas Lucidas, where I try to translate into words my interpretations of moments and other deeper thoughts. I am also planning to create another one when I start studying political economics in uni this autumn, where I intend to keep some kind of a learning diary.

The idea for this one came suddenly, when I realized I don't want to spam my Facebook wall with youtube links whenever I want to share a song or a band that's really getting to me at that moment (daily?). I also thought that this would be a good place to post simple daily ideas and thoughts, maybe even discuss gigs or festivals and of course promote my photography whenever I happen to capture something new (too seldom these days...). Naturally some of these I will also be posting in Facebook and Twitter, but here older entries will be more accessible as years pass.

Anyway, let's get straight to business...

Last weekend I attended Tuska open-air metal festival here in Helsinki. I bought the tickets primarily because there were a few bands performing that I really wanted to see, these being Electric Wizard, Church of Misery, Ghost and Jex Thoth. Most likely I will post some of their songs in the future. But now I would like to promote a group that I had never even heard of before and that truly got to me on Sunday, the final day of the festival, when I was tired, hungry and hungover: Kvelertak. This six member team from Norway produced such a grooving blend of punk rock and black metal that I was instantly energized and ready to face the final day of metal madness.

I haven't gotten my hands on any of their releases yet, but some surfing in the tubes of you produced a rather interesting music video of theirs. Hope you enjoy, I'm sure I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment